1 day old
Although most of you already know, Janey Mae Tobler was welcomed into our family on May 6th. (I am blaming the lack of sleep and inexperience in the blogging world as to why this took so long to blog. Better late than never.) She was born at 9:46pm, weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. It was a crazy day for us. We went to the doctor's office that morning for a non-stress test because of lack of fetal movement and ended up at the hospital in the afternoon for a "surprise induction". Her heart rate was good, but the doctor couldn't explain why she wasn't moving. So, we decided it was best just to jump start the process and get the baby here a few days before her due date. Luckily, the cameras were in the car, because there wasn't any time to go home and pack; we went straight to the hospital from the doctor's office!
She is now almost 5 weeks old and we love having her in our home. She is a good eater and my guess is that she is at least 8 1/2 lbs. by now. (She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. at her 2 wk. appt.) She is starting to smile, especially at her dad. The last two nights she went 8 hours between feedings, so I have gotten a little more sleep. She does have some fussy times, but it seems to be getting better as she gets older. Her brothers love her and are so cute with her. Drew will actually run back into the house just to give her a hug and a kiss. Cole is great about holding her when she fusses so that I can get a few things done around the house.
It's funny that even though we waited a long time for her to come into our family, it is already hard to imagine life without her. She is such a precious blessing and we are so grateful for her.
She is now almost 5 weeks old and we love having her in our home. She is a good eater and my guess is that she is at least 8 1/2 lbs. by now. (She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz. at her 2 wk. appt.) She is starting to smile, especially at her dad. The last two nights she went 8 hours between feedings, so I have gotten a little more sleep. She does have some fussy times, but it seems to be getting better as she gets older. Her brothers love her and are so cute with her. Drew will actually run back into the house just to give her a hug and a kiss. Cole is great about holding her when she fusses so that I can get a few things done around the house.
It's funny that even though we waited a long time for her to come into our family, it is already hard to imagine life without her. She is such a precious blessing and we are so grateful for her.
Janey at 2 weeks.
4 weeks...look at those cheeks!
3 comments:
She is so beautiful. You guys are a cute little family. I love how sweet the boys are with her.
congrats! she is so cute! I am happy for your cute family. I will call you soon.
She is so cute! My little Savannah was looking at the computer over my shoulder and said, "Oh mom, THAT is the CUTEST baby!" We are so happy for your family. I can't wait to meet her. I don't think I can wait until football season.
Post a Comment